Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The first Ultrasound!

Let's get right to the point:

Today was the big day! Within 3 seconds of Jenny's belly getting all covered with lube, we saw our baby. First thing we noticed was the activity of "it". It actually flipped over while we were watching it! We saw the usual stuff like the heart beat and the hands....but the coolest part was the spine and the two hemispheres of the brain. Very cool.

The baby is 6 centimetres long and our calculations were correct...Jenny is 12 weeks and 2 days pregnant....in her 13th week.....and NO, we're not finding out the gender. :)

Heard the heartbeat again....it's still crazy!

Note from Jenny - drinking that much water really sucks. I think I visited the bathroom of every public bathroom between 1081 Carling and Greely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say.....I'm going to be an Aunty!!! Andrew will have a cousin!!! Krys and Jim will have a new sailor on deck!!! I am so excited for this little package to arrive.
Jenny and Kris, you will make wonderful parents. Try not to let too much overwhelm you, in the end, parenthood all comes naturally anyway. Life will change for sure for you both. But when you look back, you will wonder how you ever lived without them. A true blessing from above and a very overdue new member to the Gough family.
Let the shopping begin!!!!!!