It's been a long time since we've updated the blog! It wasn't intentional. I am going to help Kris keep the blog updated because there is so much going on and it gives me a chance to put my new lap top to good use!
Evan's Christmas was wonderful. We had so much fun. Santa Clause was good to him (he was a good boy after all) and we had a great time visiting with family both here in Ottawa and in Belleville. Evan got to play with his cousin Hayden and visit with Great grandma (G.G.).
Evan's Christmas was wonderful. We had so much fun. Santa Clause was good to him (he was a good boy after all) and we had a great time visiting with family both here in Ottawa and in Belleville. Evan got to play with his cousin Hayden and visit with Great grandma (G.G.).
Evan is growing up so fast. He is talking up a storm (sometimes I wish he had a mute button) and his vocabulary is astonishing. Some of the things he comes up with and says blows Kris and I away. Where does he learn these words or pick up this stuff? It really is true that kids pick up on everything. He has a memory that I am envious of. He remembers EVERYTHING. And just when you think he's not listening to you, he says something days later referring to whatever it was you were sure he was ignoring you about.
Evan will be going to Kindergarten (JK) in the fall. It's hard to believe that he's already school-aged. We had a choice of schools to enroll him in, but after much consideration and research, we've decided to enroll him in the local Public elementary school. It's the school that is the closest to our house and it's where they offer full-time JK. We figure full-time JK will suit Evan well because he is such a social child and he loves to learn and interact with other kids. IT also means that we won't have to enroll him in a new daycare (because his current daycare is outside of our school district). We also know the SK teacher at the school and she had nothing but positive things to say about the school. All in all, we are happy with our decision and we think Evan will be too. We may switch his school to the Catholic board down the road, but for now we are looking forward to Evan's first day at school - although I'm sure I will be crying the closer that day approaches. It will be bittersweet indeed.
Evan was enrolled in swimming lessons once again. He loves to swim. This was the first time his swimming lessons didn't require mommy or daddy to be in the pool with him which meant we got to sit in the "stands" and watch him learn to blow bubbles, put his face in the water, and at first, cry because he didn't want to get wet. Evan is going through a weird phase where he doesn't want to get his face and/or head wet. He wants nothing to do with showers which made it interesting because at this pool, you have to shower before you get in the pool. After a couple of lessons, he learned to "shower" really fast and then get ready to swim with his other classmates. There were only 3 of them in the class which was perfect because Evan is a little bit of an attention hog. I think one of the highlights of his swimming session this time around was the floating boat made of Styrofoam. Evan saw to it that they went for a ride in the boat during every lesson. He would sit in the front and pretend he was steering the boat. Too funny. A couple of weeks ago Evan's lessons ended and he successfully graduated to Preschool B. We'll sign him up for those classes next.
A few weeks ago, Evan came down with a case of shingles believe it or not. He had some "bumps" on the palm of his right hand and some on his arm. They were itchy, and he had a bit of a fever so off to the doctor we went. Her eyes almost bugged out of her face when she saw the rash. She had never seen it before, but children can develop shingles apparently, but it's extremely rare (maybe he should buy a lottery ticket). What is even more strange is the fact that Evan never had chicken pox AND he has had the chicken pox vaccine. The doctor figures that when I "caught" chicken pox when I was pregnant (I had been exposed to it) and passed it on to Evan in the womb. I didn't show any symptoms because I had chicken pox when I was younger. All that to say, Evan didn't seem too bothered by it. I learned when kids get shingles, they don't get it nearly as badly as adults. It's not really painful (if at all) and not as bad. He has since recovered and I know more about chicken pox and shingles than I ever thought I would know. ;)
So a few things about Evan now that he's approaching 3.5 years old...
Evan will be going to Kindergarten (JK) in the fall. It's hard to believe that he's already school-aged. We had a choice of schools to enroll him in, but after much consideration and research, we've decided to enroll him in the local Public elementary school. It's the school that is the closest to our house and it's where they offer full-time JK. We figure full-time JK will suit Evan well because he is such a social child and he loves to learn and interact with other kids. IT also means that we won't have to enroll him in a new daycare (because his current daycare is outside of our school district). We also know the SK teacher at the school and she had nothing but positive things to say about the school. All in all, we are happy with our decision and we think Evan will be too. We may switch his school to the Catholic board down the road, but for now we are looking forward to Evan's first day at school - although I'm sure I will be crying the closer that day approaches. It will be bittersweet indeed.
Evan was enrolled in swimming lessons once again. He loves to swim. This was the first time his swimming lessons didn't require mommy or daddy to be in the pool with him which meant we got to sit in the "stands" and watch him learn to blow bubbles, put his face in the water, and at first, cry because he didn't want to get wet. Evan is going through a weird phase where he doesn't want to get his face and/or head wet. He wants nothing to do with showers which made it interesting because at this pool, you have to shower before you get in the pool. After a couple of lessons, he learned to "shower" really fast and then get ready to swim with his other classmates. There were only 3 of them in the class which was perfect because Evan is a little bit of an attention hog. I think one of the highlights of his swimming session this time around was the floating boat made of Styrofoam. Evan saw to it that they went for a ride in the boat during every lesson. He would sit in the front and pretend he was steering the boat. Too funny. A couple of weeks ago Evan's lessons ended and he successfully graduated to Preschool B. We'll sign him up for those classes next.
A few weeks ago, Evan came down with a case of shingles believe it or not. He had some "bumps" on the palm of his right hand and some on his arm. They were itchy, and he had a bit of a fever so off to the doctor we went. Her eyes almost bugged out of her face when she saw the rash. She had never seen it before, but children can develop shingles apparently, but it's extremely rare (maybe he should buy a lottery ticket). What is even more strange is the fact that Evan never had chicken pox AND he has had the chicken pox vaccine. The doctor figures that when I "caught" chicken pox when I was pregnant (I had been exposed to it) and passed it on to Evan in the womb. I didn't show any symptoms because I had chicken pox when I was younger. All that to say, Evan didn't seem too bothered by it. I learned when kids get shingles, they don't get it nearly as badly as adults. It's not really painful (if at all) and not as bad. He has since recovered and I know more about chicken pox and shingles than I ever thought I would know. ;)
So a few things about Evan now that he's approaching 3.5 years old...
- He loves transformers
- He loves to play the wii
- He loves to watch "his shows" (i.e. anything on the Treehouse channel)
- He loves ice cream
- He loves to cuddle
- He loves apple juice more than any other drink
- He still loves apples and fruit in general. Vegetables are another story (unless it's corn)
- He loves Spiderman and watches the old episodes every morning before going to daycare
- His favourite colour is still brown and insists that I paint his room brown
- He declared Wal-Mart the best store ever because it carries toys.
- He loves "the big M" a.k.a. McDonalds because Happy Meals are the best
- He does not like doctors
- He does not like haircuts (still)
- He does not like showers
So more to come on a more regular basis. More pictures for sure too.
Jen (a.k.a. Mommy)
No comments:
Post a Comment